according to my british friends:
aluminum is pronounced "al-you-min-yum"
iraq is not meant to be pronounced as "i-raq"
leicester is pronounced as "lester"
process is pronounced "prO-sess"
whoever thought that an english speaking person would have to be taught how to speak english?
the three words giles told me to bring back to the states:
1) cling film a.k.a. saran wrap
2) tin foil a.k.a. aluminum foil
3) grimsby football club
these are the phrases that the girls told me to bring back:
1) he is proper fit/ bear buff a.k.a "he's hot"
2) that's well good a.k.a. "really good"
3) i couldn't be bothered a.k.a "i didn't feel like it"
i'm still working on my british accent...i'm not very good. but i suppose none of my american friend will know my english accent is terrible so i might try it out when i'm home anyway :)